Medallion sale ends April 30
April 27, 2014
Orders for the second design of the Nevada Sesquicentennial medallions will end at midnight Wednesday. The design is the second of four that will be released at different dates throughout the Sesquicentennial year for purchase.
More than 1,500 medallions have been sold.
The second medallion depicts a Nevada miner on the front and the Nevada Sesquicentennial logo on the back, and each is made from pure Nevada silver donated from the Coeur Mine in Rochester. The silver medallion costs $100.50. The copper medallions have the same design as the silver medallions, and are $15 each.
Orders for the Sesquicentennial medallions can be made through the Legislative Gift Shop website at leg.state.nv.us/app/lcbstore/a/default.aspx or in person at 401 S. Carson St.
For more information about the medallions, go to http://www.nevada150.org or call 775-687-0608.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage