Medicare open enrollment begins Monday
October 9, 2012
The Medicare open enrollment period begins Monday and ends Dec. 7. Coverage selected during this time becomes effective as of Jan. 1.
Medicare beneficiaries will have an opportunity to select a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan in which to enroll, replace an existing plan and compare existing coverage to other plans.
Lyon County Human Services staff and State Health Insurance Assistance Program counselors are available to assist the process. To schedule an appointment, contact your local senior center manager. Lisa Young of Dayton Senior Center can be reached at 775-246-6210; Debby Stevens of Fernley Senior Center can be reached at 775-575-3370 and Rod Sanchez of Silver Springs Senior Center can be reached at 775-577-5009.
For more information, call 775-577-5009 ext. 15.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City