Meeting Thursday to address mental health, public safety
May 23, 2013
Sierra Nevada Forums will hold a meeting about mental health and public safety at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Plaza Conference Center at 211 E. Ninth St. in Carson City.
Among those on a panel tackling the issues are Judge John Tatro, Dr. Tracey Green and Joseph McEllistrem.
Tatro has been a justice of the peace/municipal court judge in Carson City since 1995.
Green became Nevada's state health officer in 2009 and in mid-2012 also was appointed as medical director for the Division of Mental Health and Developmental Services.
McEllistrem is a forensic psychologist in private practice who also is a consultant in his field. He has been the director of Forensic Health Services for Carson City and the Douglas County Sheriff's Department.
Mary Bryan, who will provide perspective on substance-abuse issues, is set to serve as panel moderator. She has been with the Carson City Community Counseling Center for more than 25 years. She is a marriage and family therapist and is a licensed alcohol and drug abuse counselor.
Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Sierra Nevada Forums is an ad hoc group that has hosted a few such gatherings in the past year. Among others were forums on the Affordable Care Act and climate change.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts