Mile High Jazz Band presents anniversary concert on Tuesday
April 4, 2014
For 13 years, Mile High Jazz Band has been playing at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., on the second Tuesday of every month. The band will celebrate that milestone with an anniversary concert 7:30-9:30 p.m. April 8 at Comma Coffee.
Big-band music with be paired with vocalist Sheryl Adams and guest vocalists Cindee LeVal and June Joplin. Cake will be served at intermission.
The Mile High Jazz Band includes trumpets, trombones, saxophones, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums and singers. The band will play about 20 tunes from their ever-expanding repertoire of selections in the style of Basie, Ellington and more contemporary composers and arrangers.
The performance is supported, in part, with public funding through the Nevada Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
General admission is $5 at the door, and it's free for ages 18 and younger.
For information about the Mile High Jazz Band, call 775-883-4154, or visit MileHighJazz.com. For information about other live music at Comma Coffee, call June Joplin at 775-883-2662.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’