February 17, 2013
Army Specialist Gary R. Sawyer has returned to the U.S. after being deployed overseas at a forward operating base to serve in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sawyer is a health care specialist assigned to the 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. He has served in the military for two years.
Sawyer is the son of Joseph and Carmen Sawyer of Dayton. His wife, Cindy, is the daughter of Cynthia Merrell of Carson City. The corporal is a 2000 graduate of Dayton High School.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary