February 17, 2013
Army Specialist Gary R. Sawyer has returned to the U.S. after being deployed overseas at a forward operating base to serve in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sawyer is a health care specialist assigned to the 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. He has served in the military for two years.
Sawyer is the son of Joseph and Carmen Sawyer of Dayton. His wife, Cindy, is the daughter of Cynthia Merrell of Carson City. The corporal is a 2000 graduate of Dayton High School.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada