February 17, 2013
Army Specialist Gary R. Sawyer has returned to the U.S. after being deployed overseas at a forward operating base to serve in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sawyer is a health care specialist assigned to the 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. He has served in the military for two years.
Sawyer is the son of Joseph and Carmen Sawyer of Dayton. His wife, Cindy, is the daughter of Cynthia Merrell of Carson City. The corporal is a 2000 graduate of Dayton High School.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition