November 11, 2012
Corey completes basic training
Army National Guard Private Mathew J. Corey has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C..
During nine weeks of training, Corey studied the Army mission, history, physical fitness, tradition and core values, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training.
Other training included drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice, basic first aid and field exercises.
Corey is the son of Melissa Corey of Carson City. He is a 2008 graduate of Pioneer High School.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City