Military Report: Former Carson City resident graduates basic combat and advanced infantry training
November 7, 2009
Pvt. Richie Mayall graduated from basic combat and advanced infantry training at Fort Benning, Ga., Oct. 30.
During the fourteen weeks of basic combat training and advanced infantry training, the private studied the Army mission, organization, military customs and courtesies; performed drill and ceremony marches, received physical training, rifle marksmanship, field training exercises, and special training in human relations. He completed squad movements, assault simulations; front line infantry training to prepare for combat missions.
Mayall is the son of Machelle Maddox formerly of Carson City now Missoula, Mont., great-grandson of Ann Barnett of Washoe Valley; grandson of Sherry Shepherd of Klamath Fall, Ore.; and grandson of David Booke of Klamath Falls.
Mayall grew up in Carson City and attended Silver Spring Middle School prior to moving to Plano, TX where he attended McKinney North High School. Richie will be stationed in Oahu, HI.
Mayall is proud to be serving the United States of America and is the fourth generation of his family to do so.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Senator Square: The Carson High vs. Douglas High rivalry: Rivalry with a purpose