Missouri woman, 62, died in car fire at Fernley motel
October 3, 2013
FERNLEY (AP) — The victim of a fatal car fire in a Fernley motel parking lot has been identified as a 62-year-old Missouri woman.
Lyon County Sheriff's Lt. J.L. Pattison said Thursday dental records confirmed the identity of Greiss Ghobrial of Wildwood, Mo. He said the cause of death remains under investigation but no foul play is suspected.
Her body was found in a burned out car by emergency crews responding to a report of a fire late Tuesday night at the Comfort Suites off U.S. Interstate 80 about 30 miles east of Reno.
Firefighters said they found her inside the car after they extinguished the blaze.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts