Multiple injuries in crash involving possible stolen vehicle
May 25, 2013
A possibly stolen vehicle being followed by a Carson City Sheriff’s patrol car collided with another vehicle sending three to the hospital shortly after 4 p.m. Saturday.
Two were sent to a Reno hospital with via Care Flight helicopter after the crash at the intersection of Highway 50 East and Fairview Drive. A third was sent to a local hospital by ambulance, according to Barb Stapleton, public affairs coordinator for the Nevada Highway Patrol, which is handling the accident investigation.
All three have non-life threatening injuries.
The crash happened after a black Honda del Sol, that was reported stolen, drove into the intersection of Highway 50 East and Fairview Drive and collided with a gray Hyundai driven by a Dayton woman. The Hyundai had full airbag deployment, according to Stapleton.
Both drivers of the alleged stolen vehicle were taken into custody.
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office is handling the stolen-vehicle investigation. The investigation is continuing.
The intersection was closed to traffic in both directions while Care Flight landed
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Supervisors approve Vintage project
- Homicide determined ship’s fate
- Carson City District Attorney resurrects 20 year old murder case, calling for a new trial
- Man arrested on DUI-third after crash says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- AD Doug Knuth, hope and promise all going right for Nevada Wolf Pack fans says Joe Santoro (column)