NAS Fallon Hornet involved in training crash
March 2, 2014
A Navy F/A-18C Hornet assigned to the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center at Naval Air Station Fallon crashed at about 3 p.m. Saturday, according to a press release from the commander of Naval Air Forces in San Diego.
The crash occurred about 70 miles east of NAS Fallon on a Navy range training complex during a training flight.
Navy personnel are en route to the scene. The Navy has not confirmed the status of the crew member.
An investigation will be conducted.
No other information is available at this time.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016