Nevada Appeal at 150: Aug. 24, 1953: Carson schools dedicate by Masons | NevadaAppeal.com

Nevada Appeal at 150: Aug. 24, 1953: Carson schools dedicate by Masons

Carson City’s three new school, on Fifth (shown here), Musser and Corbett streets, were dedicated Saturday afternoon with colorful Masonic services. Gov. Charles Russell and Mayor Wilbur Stodieck and other dignitaries were on hand at the ceremony on Fifth Street. Board trustee resolutions concerning the new buildings, copies of the Nevada Appeal with stories of the bond election and developments, a list of guests at the ceremony, and miscellaneous collection of coins were placed in the cornerstone.

This continues the Appeal's review of news stories and headlines during its Sesquicentennial year.

Go back to article