Nevada Day parade winners
November 2, 2013
The Nevada Day Committee announced 2013 Nevada Day parade winners as follows:
Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School won the Nevada Bands Governor's Trophy for appreciation, commitment, dedication and loyalty.
Parading Arabians, No. 56, placed first in the horse category, and 1st Nevada Cavalry, No. 87, placed second.
Douglas JROTC, No. 62, placed first in the school marching unit. The Carson High NJROTC, No. 42, placed second.
In the non-school marching unit category, Rotary Youth Exchange of Carson City Sunset Rotary, No. 136, placed first, and the Carson Lane Family Fun Center, No. 46, placed second.
City of Yerington-NV Copper Inc., No. 118, won best float, and Pyramid Lake Jr/Sr High School, No. 43, won second.
In the vehicles category, Antique Model T Ford, No. 58, won first place, and 1957 Ford Skyliner, No. 131, won second.
Storey County, No. 70, won first within the county entries. Lander County, No. 90, and Nye County with Tonopah-Tidewater Engine, No. 57, tied for second.
Carson City Elks Lodge 2177 won the Parade Director Award.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary