Nevada jobless rate at 12.1 percent
September 21, 2012
State officials say Nevada’s jobless rate crept up to 12.1 percent in August, but the number is lower than it was at the same month last year.
The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate released Friday is 0.1 percentage points higher than July.
The number is still a drop from the August 2011 rate of 13.8 percent.
The Las Vegas unemployment rate was at 12.3 percent in August, while Reno’s rate was 11.5 percent and Carson City’s was 11.6 percent.
Jobless rates for all three areas dropped from July, but those numbers aren’t directly comparable to the statewide rate because they’re not seasonally adjusted.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City District Attorney resurrects 20 year old murder case, calling for a new trial
- Carson City Supervisors approve Vintage project
- Homicide determined ship’s fate
- Salinas begins in role as Carson City Arts and Culture Coordinator
- AD Doug Knuth, hope and promise all going right for Nevada Wolf Pack fans says Joe Santoro (column)