New Carson High principal to be named
July 15, 2014
Carson School District has selected a new principal for Carson High but Superintendent Richard Stokes declined to say who that person is at this point.
"We have posted the job and held interviews. We have selected a candidate but we are a little shy of being able to make that public," said Stokes, contacted on vacation this week.
He said the problem is Nevada law prohibits a licensed educator from being under contract with two school districts at the same time and, if the name was released, he said that could jeopardize the person's license.
"They have to be released from their current school district in Nevada first," he said.
Stokes said the name should be released once that technicality is taken care of.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors