New Lyon County schools chief named
June 26, 2012
Keith Savage is the new superintendent of the Lyon County School District, following the resignation of Caroline McIntosh, the district announced Monday on its Facebook page.
“The Lyon County School District thanks Caroline McIntosh for four years of service as superintendent, and wishes her the best of luck in her future endeavors,” the announcement read. “The LCSD also announces that Deputy Superintendent Keith Savage has been named the new superintendent, effective immediately.”
Savage was at a conference Monday in Las Vegas and was unavailable for comment.
McIntosh tendered her resignation at last week’s school board meeting, citing personal and family reasons.
McIntosh came to Lyon County in 2008 from White Pine County, where she had served four years as assistant superintendent.
She was selected president of the Nevada Association of School Superintendents for the 2011-2012 school year and also was one of the top three finalists earlier this year for the job of state school superintendent.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary