New Lyon County schools chief named
June 26, 2012
Keith Savage is the new superintendent of the Lyon County School District, following the resignation of Caroline McIntosh, the district announced Monday on its Facebook page.
“The Lyon County School District thanks Caroline McIntosh for four years of service as superintendent, and wishes her the best of luck in her future endeavors,” the announcement read. “The LCSD also announces that Deputy Superintendent Keith Savage has been named the new superintendent, effective immediately.”
Savage was at a conference Monday in Las Vegas and was unavailable for comment.
McIntosh tendered her resignation at last week’s school board meeting, citing personal and family reasons.
McIntosh came to Lyon County in 2008 from White Pine County, where she had served four years as assistant superintendent.
She was selected president of the Nevada Association of School Superintendents for the 2011-2012 school year and also was one of the top three finalists earlier this year for the job of state school superintendent.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat