New Lyon County schools chief named
June 26, 2012
Keith Savage is the new superintendent of the Lyon County School District, following the resignation of Caroline McIntosh, the district announced Monday on its Facebook page.
“The Lyon County School District thanks Caroline McIntosh for four years of service as superintendent, and wishes her the best of luck in her future endeavors,” the announcement read. “The LCSD also announces that Deputy Superintendent Keith Savage has been named the new superintendent, effective immediately.”
Savage was at a conference Monday in Las Vegas and was unavailable for comment.
McIntosh tendered her resignation at last week’s school board meeting, citing personal and family reasons.
McIntosh came to Lyon County in 2008 from White Pine County, where she had served four years as assistant superintendent.
She was selected president of the Nevada Association of School Superintendents for the 2011-2012 school year and also was one of the top three finalists earlier this year for the job of state school superintendent.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016