Newly constituted Carson City Chamber of Commerce board starts at mid-year
April 26, 2013
Two new board members and four who were re-elected will serve on the 16-member Carson City Chamber of Commerce board in 2013-14.
Bob Tote, Costco general manager, joins the board of directors to serve a three-year term, according to the Wednesday announcement from Stan Jones of the Purple Avocado, the 2012-13 chamber chairman. Paula Guzman of Nevada Health Centers is the chairman's pick for a one-year term.
Re-elected to their second 3-year terms were Curt Spradley, Carson Coffee owner, and Carol Swanson, Mary Kay district sales.
Gordon Gagnon, co-owner of REDCO, and Joyce Whitney-Silva, chief operating officer at Greater Nevada Credit Union, were selected to serve their first terms lasting three years, advancing from previous one-year slots.
Lisa Stirgus of Wells Fargo will replace Jones as chairman. Jones will replace Court Cardinal of Casino Fandango, who leaves the board, to become the immediate past chairman when the newly-constituted board takes over at mid-year.
In addition, leadership changes include choosing Swanson to serve as secretary/treasurer, Gil Yanuck of AARP advancing to first vice chair and Terrie McNutt of Silver Oak Golf Course moving from secretary/treasurer to second vice chair.
Also on the board are Lori Bagwell, Charley's Grilled Subs; Peter Fishburn, Brown & Bigelow; Collie Hutter, Click, Bond, Inc; Lisa Lee, Advocates to End Domestic Violence; Dr. Carol Lucey, Western Nevada College; Margie Quirk, Lone Mountain Veterinary Hospital; Richard Stokes, Carson City School District and Chris Utley, Geeks of Nevada. Ronni Hannaman is chamber executive director. The altered board begins work July 1.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat