Next Carson job fair set for June 14
May 12, 2013
As many as 50 employers will be involved in an upcoming job fair in Carson City, organizers say. At least 32 already have committed to be at the event, set for 2-5 p.m. June 14.
Due to the success of the last such job fair in Carson City’s Senior Center — it attracted 36 employers and 619 job seekers — the upcoming event will be in the Community Center’s large gymnasium at 851 E. William St.
“About six weeks after the (February) job fair, I surveyed the employers regarding their experience at the event,” said Lynn Ellis, chief event organizer. “The responses were extremely positive.”
She said 43 people had found jobs, representing 14 percent of the total job seekers. The number might have been understated because some participants didn’t reply fully to a survey, Ellis said.
Ellis, work force program case manager with Carson City Health & Human Services, said generally the successful job seekers dressed to impress and brought along well-prepared background information.
One of the lone disappointments of employers participating in the survey was that some job seekers in February didn’t follow up with continuing efforts to get jobs, she said.
The event is sponsored by Health & Human Services, the Carson City Chamber of Commerce and JOIN.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City District Attorney resurrects 20 year old murder case, calling for a new trial
- Carson City Supervisors approve Vintage project
- Homicide determined ship’s fate
- Salinas begins in role as Carson City Arts and Culture Coordinator
- AD Doug Knuth, hope and promise all going right for Nevada Wolf Pack fans says Joe Santoro (column)