NHP dispatch to be down today
February 16, 2013
From 8 a.m. until noon today the communications center for the Nevada Highway Patrol will undergo scheduled repair and maintenance to its telephone lines, which may interrupt the ability of dispatchers to receive calls.
Because of the maintenance and repair, the *NHP emergency line may be out of service during that time, according to NHP.
Anyone needing to make non-emergency phone calls for service to the Department of Public Safety between 8 and noon should call the Las Vegas dispatch center at 702-486-4100 extension 6.
To call in highway-related emergencies, residents should call 911.
The NHP Las Vegas office will be dispatching troopers and other Department of Public Safety personnel in Northern Nevada for the four-hour time frame.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts