NHP keeping an eye out for impaired drivers
December 22, 2012
With Christmas and New Year’s often come inclement weather and always come unsafe, possibly drunk, drivers. To combat impaired driving, the Nevada Highway Patrol is increasing its staffing levels on both holiday weekends, with a slightly higher level of personnel for the New Years Eve holiday.
A Joining Forces grant through the Office of Traffic Safety will help to offset the extra staffing costs, according to NHP.
Troopers will be looking for both drivers committing “egregious violations” and those who are impaired.
Those who do see impaired drivers are encouraged to report them to the NHP dispatch at *647 or 775-687-0400.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’