NHP keeping an eye out for impaired drivers
December 22, 2012
With Christmas and New Year’s often come inclement weather and always come unsafe, possibly drunk, drivers. To combat impaired driving, the Nevada Highway Patrol is increasing its staffing levels on both holiday weekends, with a slightly higher level of personnel for the New Years Eve holiday.
A Joining Forces grant through the Office of Traffic Safety will help to offset the extra staffing costs, according to NHP.
Troopers will be looking for both drivers committing “egregious violations” and those who are impaired.
Those who do see impaired drivers are encouraged to report them to the NHP dispatch at *647 or 775-687-0400.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary