NV Energy warns of phone scam
July 4, 2013
NV Energy warned customers Wednesday about a phone scam.
According to the company:
People identifying themselves as NV Energy employees are calling customers, threatening to disconnect their power if the customers don't make a payment immediately over the phone.
NV Energy doesn't call customers and solicit payments, the company said in a news release.
It advises customers who receive such calls to call law enforcement, or its customer service department in Reno at 775-834-4444.
The company says it notifies customers who may be at risk of having their power disconnected because of nonpayment via mail. NV Energy also requires field employees and contractors to wear identification badges at all times.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person