NV prepaid tuition program open enrollment begins
November 30, 2009
The open enrollment period begins Tuesday for Nevada’s prepaid tuition program.
The college savings program allows parents, grandparents and family friends to lock in future college tuition costs in Nevada at current prices.
The open enrollment period runs through Feb. 28, 2010.
The program is administered by the state treasurer’s office. Since it began 11 years ago, officials say more than 13,000 children have been enrolled.
Under the program, parents or others can pay a lump sum or choose various payment options to pay for a college education at current tuition rates.
The program is transferable to private or public out-of-state colleges and universities, and can be transferred to another family member.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Senator Square: The Carson High vs. Douglas High rivalry: Rivalry with a purpose