Obituary: Lois Nearpass
April 15, 2003
Lois E. Nearpass, 87, a Gardnerville resident for the past 14 years, died April 13, 2003, in Gardnerville. She was born May 29, 1915, in Rupert, Idaho, to Charles and Iva Smith Trowbridge.
She married Lynn Nearpass in 1953 in Gardnerville. He preceded her in death in 1990 in Bridgeport.
The Nearpasses started and operated Doc and Al’s Resort on Robinson Creek in Bridgeport from 1957 to 1989. She enjoyed swimming in Carson Hot Springs, gardening and spending time with her family.
Among her survivors are her son, Charles of Hamilton, Mont.; daughter, Ann Stone of Gardnerville; sister, Laura Dilts of Salt Lake City; seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
No service is scheduled at this time.
Cremation will be at Walton’s Sierra Crematory. Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Carson City receives an inch of rain overnight
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Advocate says deregulating Nevada energy market will benefit even small customers