One business sells alcohol to minor during Sheriff’s Office operation
July 28, 2013
One out of 40 establishments sold alcohol to a minor during a recent "Shoulder Tap Operation" by the Carson City Sheriff's Office.
On Thursday, the Carson Station failed to be in compliance. The server was issued a citation for providing alcohol to a minor.
The office routinely conducts compliance checks in which individuals were asked by a decoy to purchase alcohol for him/her. The decoy informed those asked that he/she was underage and could not purchase the alcohol. The decoy was assisted by two Sheriff's deputies who oversaw the operation. Also during this time, alcohol compliance checks were done at local establishments that sell alcoholic beverages.
The office conducts these checks with grant money received from the Nevada Juvenile Programs Justice Office.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club