Ormat completes plant in Mineral, exports power
January 8, 2014
Ormat Technologies of Reno has announced completion of the Don A. Campbell geothermal power plant in Mineral County.
The plant, which produces 16 megawatts (net) at full capacity, has made Ormat the first independent power producer to use the One Nevada (ON) Transmission Line to export renewable energy to customers in California, according to a news release.
"Completing the Don A. Campbell geothermal power plant and reaching full capacity is a historical milestone," said Yoram Bronicki, Ormat's president and chief operating officer.
The Ormat leader had praise for the Southern California Public Power Authority, which has the power purchase agreement, and NV Energy for success in making statewide transmission in Nevada possible, "thereby allowing resources in northern Nevada to serve customers not only in Southern Nevada but also in southern California through ON Line's completion."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Veterans suicide leads to training at Nevada prisons
- Carson City mayor declares Friday Mark Lindquist Day
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs