Ormat completes plant in Mineral, exports power
January 8, 2014
Ormat Technologies of Reno has announced completion of the Don A. Campbell geothermal power plant in Mineral County.
The plant, which produces 16 megawatts (net) at full capacity, has made Ormat the first independent power producer to use the One Nevada (ON) Transmission Line to export renewable energy to customers in California, according to a news release.
"Completing the Don A. Campbell geothermal power plant and reaching full capacity is a historical milestone," said Yoram Bronicki, Ormat's president and chief operating officer.
The Ormat leader had praise for the Southern California Public Power Authority, which has the power purchase agreement, and NV Energy for success in making statewide transmission in Nevada possible, "thereby allowing resources in northern Nevada to serve customers not only in Southern Nevada but also in southern California through ON Line's completion."
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition