Palin coming to Carson City
September 9, 2008
Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, will campaign in Carson City on Saturday, according to the Carson City Republican Central Committee.
Palin, John McCain’s running mate, is scheduled to lead a rally at the Pony Express Pavilion in Mills Park.
“It should be for sure,” said Lona White, secretary of the Carson City Republican Central Committee. “It’s just the exact time is not confirmed.”
She said more details will come soon, but she believes the event will be in late afternoon. Congressman Dean Heller is also scheduled to speak.
White said a campaign representative informed them Monday about the visit.
She said there’s a lot of excitement over the visit from the governor of Alaska, and it’s a sign the state is viewed as pivotal in the election.
“Nevada is definitely targeted as a state that could go either way,” she said. “We were a red state before and we’re hoping to keep it that way.”
Palin became the first female governor of Alaska in 2006. McCain picked her as his running mate on Aug. 29. She is the first woman to be on a Republican presidential ticket and would be the first female vice president of the United States if elected.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’