October 30, 2012
130 years ago
How The Spiritualists Regard The Prison Footprints. The spiritualists claim that they are able, when under the clairvoyant influence, to see a complete picture of anything past, provided they have something in their hands which represents the scene (continued Wednesday).
100 years ago
The influx of Utahans to this state continues. Robert C. Blossom, a heavy landholder of Battle Mountain reports that several days ago he sold 12,000 acres of land to an agent of the Mormon colony. During the last 60 days 100,000 acres have been sold in the area.
70 years ago
Nevadans already have sold more than 200 idle tires –stored by residents for rainy days –to the government under the idle tire purchase plan. Under rationing, motorists will only be allowed five tires to qualify for a gas ration card.
50 years ago
(photo caption) Sade Grant (left) and Mrs. G. W. Russell show Michael Spencer of Fallon the old-fashioned attire they will wear on Nevada Day.
20 years ago
California-based Fleetwood Enterprises has named Carson R.V. as winner of the Fleetwood Circle of Excellence for 1992.
10 years ago
A warm, beautiful fall day drew thousands of parade goers with a day of “long-time, no see’s” among a friendly crowd of Nevada neighbors.
• Trent Dolan is the son of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts