January 15, 2013
130 Years Ago
All sorts: All the Legislators are drinking Benton’s Glen Alpine Water. It is good for the head after a night at the legislature.
120 Years Ago
Rank fake: The Appeal warns the reading public of book publishers who print spicy pictures on the cover of books which causes a man to come down for his last half dollar… to find inside the book a dreary mass of dull Puritanical trash.
70 Years Ago
March tax deadline: Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee warned taxpayers that they must file their income tax return for 1942 by March 15…
50 Years Ago
State personnel director Irving Gartner recommended pay raises up to 15 percent for some 2,000 state employees… The state government lags far behind salaries in private industry.
30 Years Ago
Advertisement: Carson Chrysler-Plymouth Dodge 11.9 percent APR financing on all 1983 cars and trucks in stock…
10 Years Ago
Gas prices rose 5 cents a gallon to an average of $1.50 per gallon due to a long-running strike in Venezuela…
• Sue Ballew is the daughter of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary