February 6, 2013
130 years ago
Intelligence was received here yesterday that ex-Senator Sharon is dying of rheumatism in San Francisco. The report says all relatives have been sent for. Mr. Sharon has been ailing for some time.
100 years ago
A number of business owners and heavy taxpayers are concerned over the condition of the Kings Canyon Road, considered one of the most beautiful in the country. One taxpayer is pushing for legislative bonding to not only fix the road, but improve it to a safe and attractive condition.
70 years ago
When the joint assembly resolution memorializing congress to remove discrimination against the Indian in forms of prohibiting purchasing of liquor, Assemblyman Crawford, sponsor of the resolution, gave some historical background and urged white man’s law to be the same for the Indian.
50 years ago
A PTA Founder’s Day Program featuring a group of speech students from Mrs. A.J. O’Connell’s class presenting a skit will be presented in the multi-purpose room at the high school. The musical portion of the program will be presented by Al Saliman’s music.
20 years ago
Lawmakers who were briefed Monday on Gov. Bob Miller’s plan to reorganize and streamline state government reacted favorably, but want more time to study the proposal.
10 years ago
Lawmakers gather for the start of the 2003 session faced with a $1 billion tax plan and a new report that says Nevada has the worst tax system in the Nation.
• Trent Dolan is the son of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.-
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely
- After inspections, Carson City extended stay motels work to comply
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Nevada Guard’s first openly transgender soldier embraces new policy