Pedestrian killed on 395 south of Gardnerville
August 11, 2014
An unidentified man was killed after being struck by multiple vehicles on Highway 395 near Double Springs late Sunday night.
The Nevada Highway Patrol said the man was reportedly standing in the southbound lane of Highway 395 when he was struck by a pickup.
The man was then thrown into the northbound lane, where he was struck by two Douglas County Sheriff's patrol vehicles.
All vehicles stopped and their occupants attempted to render aid, but the man was dead at the scene.
All vehicle occupants are cooperating with the Nevada Highway Patrol. There was no indication that alcohol or any other impairment was a factor in the accident, troopers said.
The accident is still under investigation and no names have been released in the accident.
Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Chris Kelly of the Major Accident Investigation Team is working on the incident.
Witnesses or anyone with more information are asked to call (775) 689-4661 or email@example.com regarding case number NHP-140801011.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water