Penthouse seeking to buy Las Vegas Strip casino
November 17, 2008
LAS VEGAS ” The chief executive of Penthouse says the adult magazine and Web site empire is looking to buy a casino on the Las Vegas Strip that it can fix up and give a new image.
Penthouse CEO Marc Bell told the Las Vegas Review-Journal for a report published Sunday that the best time to buy is in a down economy.
He says Penthouse wants to buy an established hotel and has no intention of changing its name. Bell says the company “would like to see a Penthouse casino presence and a Penthouse pool presence.”
Penthouse owns thousands of Web sites along with its magazine, and the company launched a cable network in January.
Bell says he has talked with “numerous people” to find a property. He says he wants “a place where we can have the most impact … only if it would be a significant property.”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Teri Vance: Fundraisers to help families of rollover victims