Polar Express sold out despite expanded number of rides
November 9, 2013
The Polar Express on the historic Virginia & Truckee Railroad is again sold out this year with 16,500 passengers ticketed for the annual runs.
That is a full 6,500 more passenger seats than the number available last year.
Operators managed the increase by adding a 30-seat VIP car to each train.
The express will run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays taking all ages on a tour from Northern Nevada to the North Poll.
The rides start Nov. 22 and run through Dec.22.
In addition, V&T officials have added three Thursday evening train rides to the schedule.
The Polar Express is based on the Warner Bros. Picture film and children's book by Chris Van Allsburg about a doubting boy who takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole on Christmas Eve.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts