Power line downed by tree limb
September 20, 2003
A tree limb at a home on the west side of Carson City fell and took down a power pole Friday afternoon, temporarily disrupting power to surrounding homes.
At about 3 p.m., the limb spontaneously broke free from a tree at the house on Minnesota Street between Fifth and Sixth streets. No one was injured though the homeowner was home at the time, said Capt. Pat Robertson of Carson City Fire Department.
The heavy limb snapped a power line in half and landed on a shed and car. Sierra Pacific Power Co. crews cut power to the home and the next-door residence.
Power was expected to be restored quickly to other homes along Minnesota Street.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Veterans suicide leads to training at Nevada prisons
- Carson City mayor declares Friday Mark Lindquist Day
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs