Power outage strikes 100 Carson homes on Wednesday afternoon
March 7, 2013
Problems with a piece of underground equipment led to 100 customers being deprived of power for about 90 minutes Wednesday afternoon, a NV Energy spokeswoman said.
A piece of equipment was not operating properly, which led to the short outage around Sonoma Street, depriving the electronics from 2:17 p.m. until 3:45.
Repairs are expected to continue today.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat