Productions on tap for Proscenium Players Inc.
October 21, 2012
Proscenium Players Inc. has one performance of “Dealt a Deadly Hand” and several of “A Christmas Chaos” next month and in early December.The staging of “Dealt a Deadly Hand: Murder at the Carson City Casino Royal” is a reprise by the company of a spoof based on the classic movie “Casablanca.”The fundraising event on behalf of Carson Tahoe Health Auxiliary is a dinner theater presentation at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3, in the Nevada Room at the Governor’s Mansion. Tickets, which include dinner, are $45.The show spoofs not only the famed movie, but also the American dream of winning a jackpot. It has been performed before by the 47-year-old community theater group, but the plot and perpetrator or perpetrators change with each staging.Later in the month, the players will begin a six-performance run of “A Christmas Chaos,” which is billed as a stage play by Michael Wehrli that satirizes theatrical backstage mayhem and Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.” Opening night is Nov. 30 and the other five performances will come Dec. 1, 2, 7, 8 and 9 at the Brewery Arts Center. This show is currently in rehearsal.The production’s plot involves The Royal Shakespeare Company’s absence despite a promised performance of the Dickens classic, which devolves into hapless actors and technicians putting together their own show in short order.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat