Programs at Carson City Library to mark National Library Week
April 11, 2013
The Carson City Library will celebrate National Library Week April 14-20 with a series of presentations and musical programs.
This year's theme, "Communities Matter @ Your Library," highlights the value of libraries, librarians and library workers.
The following events are planned:
• "The Lure of Music, a Human Universal," presented by Fredric Lieberman, is set for 6 p.m. Monday in the library auditorium. He will present "an introduction and overview of the most remarkable musical inventions of mankind."
• "A Man of His Word: The Life and Times of Nevada's Senator William J. Raggio" with author Michael Archer is set for 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Business Resource Innovation Center, 108 E. Proctor St. The talk starts with a reception.
• International Classical Guitar Night, presented by Sierra Nevada Guitar, is set for 6 p.m. Wednesday in the library auditorium. It will feature Nevada/California guitarist Larry Aynesmith, Russian/Israeli guitarist Yuri Liberzon and slide guitarist Chakrapani Singh from India.
Recommended Stories For You
• Tim Snider and the Sound Society will feature world music at 6 p.m. Thursday in the library auditorium.
• A showing of "Shanghai Noon," in which Jackie Chan plays a Chinese man who travels to the Wild West to rescue a kidnapped princess, is set for 2 p.m. Friday in the library auditorium.
• Author Terri Farley will talk about her upbringing loving horses and writing the Phantom Stallion Series at 2 p.m. Saturday in the library auditorium.
National Library Week is sponsored by the Friends of the Carson City Library. For more information, call 775-887-2244 or go to http://www.carsoncitylibrary.org.