Public’s help is sought in horse death inquiry
September 17, 2013
The Nevada Department of Agriculture seeks the public’s help finding out who is responsible for two recent Northern Nevada horse deaths.
One horse, which appeared to have been shot, was found dead Monday near Mound House.
The other, which appeared to have been shot with arrows and was near death, was found near the same area. The second horse was euthanized by a state agricultural enforcement officer.
The department is offering $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of those responsible. Anyone with information is asked to call Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Killing stray livestock is a felony punishable of up to five years in prison and a fine of $10,000.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation