Quake felt in Carson City
October 27, 2011
A 4.7 magnitude earthquake struck Whitehawk, Calif., last night 65 miles west of Carson City, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake, which hit at 11:37 p.m. at a depth of 8.5 miles, was felt here.
No damages were reported.
In addition to those who felt it in the capital city, the USGS has reports of people feeling the quake in Dayton, Fernley, Yerington, Lovelock, Glenbrook, Wadsworth, Minden, Nixon, Sun Valley, Washoe Valley, Gardnerville, Incline Village and Sparks.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City