Red Cross aids Silver Springs resident after home fire
April 6, 2017
American Red Cross volunteers are assisting one adult and three pets after a home fire near Ninth and Angel streets in Silver Springs, according to a release late Wednesday.
Red Cross Disaster Action Team volunteers met the resident and will provide a place to sleep and food, clothing, medication and other essentials, the release said.
Over the next several days, Red Cross client casework volunteers will stay in contact and provide referrals.
Red Cross volunteers respond to a disaster, usually a home fire, every four days in Northern Nevada. Join the American Red Cross and The Professional Firefighters of Nevada and help a local family affected by a home fire by making a donation to the Fire Hurts … Red Cross Helps campaign. Call 702-369-3674 or visit http://www.redcross.org/northernnevada for information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Teri Vance: Fundraisers to help families of rollover victims