Regents to honor Carol Lucey
October 12, 2013
Former Western Nevada College President Carol Lucey will be honored at a special Board of Regents meeting with the title of president emeritus.
The meeting is set for 9 a.m. Friday in Las Vegas.
Chancellor Dan Klaich made the recommendation to the board. Emeritus status can be awarded to presidents who have at least five years service at the helm of one of Nevada's institutions. Lucey served 15 years as president of WNC.
She announced her retirement in July and officially left the office this week. But she said she isn't disappearing and intends to be very active in the interim study of how to better fund Nevada's community college system — including potentially involving local government funding to help support Western Nevada College and Great Basin College.
The board also is expected to name an interim president for WNC — most likely Executive Officer Chet Burton.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts