Registration open for seed workshop
November 3, 2012
Nevada farmers looking to increase selection for their customers and save money can learn how at a workshop offered by Western Nevada College Specialty Crop Institute from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Carson campus, 2201 W. College Parkway.
The “Seed Starting and Saving” workshop will include a classroom lecture as well as a greenhouse nursery tour and hands-on demonstrations at Hungry Mother Organics farm in Minden.
Participants will learn cultural practices of seed starting including heat, light, moisture, containers and transplanting. Seed saving methods of harvesting, cleaning and drying will be discussed.
Students also will learn about farm-grown native seed production and seed production for resale.
Nevada farmers and educators will share expertise and experiences.
Cost is $35 for those registering by Nov. 23 and $45 afterward.
Lunch is included.
Enrollment is limited, and registration is required.
Registration is available at http://www.wnc.edu/sci.
For more information, call 775-351-2551 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’