Remains found in Lyon County
November 30, 2012
Skeletal human remains discovered in a field off of U.S. Highway 95 Alternate in Lyon County were determined by the state anthropologist to be part of a “historical burial.”
The remains, found on Nov. 19, were of a 3-4 year old child and the age was determined by examination of the teeth, according to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office.
Wear and tear on the teeth was consistent with “American Indian populations” in the Yerington area “in historical times,” according to the anthropologist’s report, released on Nov. 22.
The remains, which consisted of rib, skull and arm bones, were handed over to the Yerington Paiute Tribe.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016