Reno man victim in fatal Pine Nut accident
August 18, 2014
A Reno man was identified Monday as the pedestrian killed Aug. 10 on Highway 395 after he was struck by a pickup, and then two Douglas County Sheriff's patrol cars.
Russell R. Roberts, 36, was in the southbound travel lane at 10:45 p.m. when he was struck by a 2013 Toyota, driven by Bishop resident Ian Snyder.
Roberts came to rest in the northbound lanes of 395 where he was hit by two Douglas County patrol vehicles driven by deputies Justin Williams and Samantha Torres, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol. Neither deputy knew an accident had just taken place. All three vehicles stopped to render aid.
Trooper Chris Kelly of the Nevada Highway Patrol's Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating the incident. Witnesses or anyone else with more information may reach him at (775) 689-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case No. NHP-140801011.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada