Road closures slated for Legends of the West Bike & Car Fest on June 30
June 16, 2012
Legends of the West Bike & Car Fest is returning to Carson City on June 30.
One of the events that will take place during the event will be the Carson City Sheriff’s Office 9th annual Extreme Motor Officer Training Challenge.
Street closures scheduled during the event are:
• Carson Street from Robinson to Musser streets.
• Side streets including Spear, Telegraph and Proctor, for one block east and west of Carson Street.
• East Telegraph Street from Carson to Plaza streets.
• Parking area east of Laxalt Building
The closures will take place from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. East and West Musser streets will be left open for use of emergency vehicles.
The street closures will allow for a downtown full of events.
• Enter your bike in these categories: Vintage, Classic, Custom, and Open.
• Enter your car in these categories: Vintage, Pre ’65, Muscle Car, Street Rod, Low Rider, Rat Rod, New Gen, Open, Truck, Mini Truck (Mid-size), Import, and VW.
• Car and bike entries are $25 per vehicle. Get a $5 discount with 5 cans of food for FISH.
• Kids 5 to 15 can enter a pedal car, bicycle, or wagon at no charge – just bring a can of food for Friends In Service Helping.
On June 29, Legends will be holding early registration in the parking lot behind the Firkin & Fox Pub starting at 6 p.m.
The Disabled American Veterans, Chapters 1 (Reno) and 7 (Carson City), along with FISH are our designated charities for this event.
Entry forms for Bikes and Cars and for craft vendors are all available on the web site at http://www.EventsNevada.com/legends.html.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-887-1294.