September 30, 2012
The following information applies to the period of Oct. 1-7:
There will be lane closures on Carson Street between Musser Street and Seventh Street, from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, due to maintenance.
There will be traffic control on Roop Street between Hot Springs Road and Winnie Lane and also on Northridge Drive between Roop Street and New Ridge Drive due to the construction of bicycle and pedestrian improvements. Minor delays are possible.
Airport Road will be closed between Douglas Drive and Minonee Lane due to road work. Detours will be marked and riders on JAC bus routes 2A and 2B will be directed to the nearest accessible bus stop for all stops affected by the road closure. The road is expected to reopen on Tuesday, Oct. 2.
There will be nightly lane closures on U.S. 395 from the junction of U.S. 50W (Spooner) to 1st Street in Minden, between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. There will be flagger-controlled traffic.
There will be work and possible traffic controls at the following locations as a result of a freeway landscaping project:
• North Carson Street, in the vicinity of the freeway overpass.
•-U.S. Highway 50 in the vicinity of the freeway. Possible lane closures at the U.S. 50 Interchange.
• College Parkway in the vicinity of the freeway. Possible lane closures at the College Parkway interchange.
The following closures are expected due to special events:
• Curry Street will be closed between Eighth Street and Tenth Street from 8 a.m. Friday through 8 p.m. Sunday.
• On Saturday, Telegraph Street will be closed between Carson Street and Plaza Street from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat