Sage Grouse symposium set in Minden
September 18, 2012
Nevada’s section of the society for Range Management has scheduled a symposium on efforts to protect the sage grouse for Oct. 30-31 in Minden.
The forum at the Carson Valley Inn will showcase conservation efforts to protect the bird and prevent it from being listed as an endangered species.
Biologists from both California and Nevada will present finding and there will be representatives from a variety of stakeholders including agriculture, conservation organizations, federal and state agencies.
The two day symposium starts at 8 a.m. with registration set at $35.
Further information is available from Cub Wolfe at 775-465-9099 or email@example.com
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation