Sandoval shifts top officers at Taxation-HHS
June 23, 2012
Gov. Brian Sandoval Friday announced a shuffle of his top executive branch officers in Taxation and the Department of Health and Human Services.
The biggest single change on the list is replacing Taxation Director William Chisel with his top deputy, Chris Nielsen.
Nielsen was acting director of the department until Chisel’s appointment in September.
Chisel moves to chief financial officer in the Division of Mental Health and Developmental Services.
Acting MHDS administrator Richard Whitley now becomes the permanent head and former state Health Officer Tracey Green becomes medical director of that division.
They will continue to work along with Chisel to integrate MHDS programs with the state’s public health programs.
Sandoval and HHS Director Mike Willden said the goal is to integrate those programs into “a comprehensive, coordinated service delivery system.”
Willden also announced that Rose Park will take over as the new Governor’s Consumer Health Advocate, replacing Marilyn Wills, who retired.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts