SBA waives up-front loan fee to help vets
November 13, 2013
New measures to get more U.S. Small Business Administration loans to veterans by waiving most borrowers’ up-front fees will begin Jan. 1, the Small Business Administration has announced.
Jeanne Hulit, acting SBA administrator, said the move is part of “broader efforts to make sure that veterans have the tools they need to start and grow a business.” Of all SBA loans going to veterans, 73 percent are $350,000 or below.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation