Senior Center gift shop ready to serve
July 27, 2014
If you are looking for some reasonably priced, great quality treasures for yourself and your home, you need to check out the gift shop at the Senior Center at 911 Beverly Drive, off of Roop Street. You'll find various kinds of needlework (quilting, other sewn items, embroidery, crocheting, knitting, etc), beaded jewelry, woodworked items (bird houses, canes, intarsia) floral arrangements, paintings, china painted plates and platters, painted stemware and sundry other works of art.
There are items for babies, children, men and women. In addition, they sell a few varieties of See's Candy. Five women volunteer their services to offer this venue to the public. You need to be 60 years of age in order to place your hand-made items for sale here. The crafters receive 85 percent of the sales price they put on their items, with the remaining funds going to the Meals-on-Wheels program.
The gift shop is open on Mondays through Fridays, except holidays, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call 883-7887.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water