September 9, 2012
Note: Lunch menus for the week of Sept. 10 subject to change without notice. Choice of beverage included.
Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Dr.:
MONDAY: Chicken penne pasta, Brussel sprouts, apricots and lemon bars.
TUESDAY: Taco salad with beef, cheese, tomato, corn and black beans, Waldorf salad and sherbet.
WEDNESDAY: Chicken teriyaki, oriental rice, pea salad, orange wedges and whole wheat roll with margarine.
THURSDAY: BBQ pork ribs, baked beans, broccoli, cornbread with honey and fruit salad.
FRIDAY: Rigatoni with meat sauce, tossed salad, fruit cocktail, garlic breadstick and brownies.
Dayton Senior Center, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road:
MONDAY: Liver and onions or Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, whole wheat bread with margarine, mixed fruit and cookies.
TUESDAY: Breaded fish squares on whole wheat bun, tartar sauce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, Tater Tots and pears.
WEDNESDAY: Chicken parmesan, spaghetti noodles, mixed veggies, garlic and cheese bread and Mandarin oranges.
THURSDAY: Turkey chili, cornbread, mixed green salad, Italian dressing and ambrosia.
FRIDAY: Corn grits, scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast with margarine and jam and plums.
Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane:
MONDAY: Lentil soup, tuna salad sandwich, yellow squash slices, cucumber slices, yogurt dip, Fugi apple quarters and caramel dip.
TUESDAY: Polynesian pork chops, apple walnut slaw, white rice, carrots, sugar snap peas and custard.
WEDNESDAY: Beef pot roast, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, gravy, romaine, Swiss and bacon dinner roll, spiced peaches, cake and ice cream.
THURSDAY: Taco salad bowl with lettuce, tomato, and cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole, Spanish rice and apple crisptos.
FRIDAY: Herb baked chicken, baked potato, sour cream and chives, herbed vegetable medley, whole wheat bread with peach butter and fresh apples.
Yerington Senior Center, 117 Tilson Way:
MONDAY: Spaghetti, vegetables, green salad and garlic bread.
TUESDAY: Pork chops, sweet potatoes, green beans, green salad, low fat French dressing, whole wheat bread, banana pudding and oranges.
WEDNESDAY: Chefs salad, carrot and celery sticks and bread sticks.
THURSDAY: Beef tacos, ranch beans and Mexicorn.
FRIDAY: Chicken tenders, broccoli stuffed potatoes and green salad.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts