Services for Marv Teixeira set June 20
June 11, 2014
Services for former Mayor Marv Teixeira will be held June 20 at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church.
The celebration of his life will begin at 11:30 a.m.
A reception will follow immediately at Eagle Valley Golf Course.
Teixeira died June 5 at his home in Carson City. He was 79.
He served three terms as mayor of Carson City and was the driving force behind reconstruction of the V&T Railroad and Carson bypass projects as well as creation of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Nevada.
Donations on Marv's behalf can be made to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Nevada.
Arrangements are being handled by Walton's Chapel of the Valley.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’